Thursday, April 27, 2006



I can not get enough of The Wailin' Jennys - no, not Waylon Jennings, my friends. But, seriously. I love them. I wish they would marry me and we could have someone else's babies together.

On that front, I was watching Will and Grace this evening, and Grace was explaining to a cute six-year-old that most of us spend our entire lives looking for someone to love us, and most of us fail and then die... eeek. Talk about depressing. I think that all those people should get dogs (who love you unconditionally) and get over it-- or at least pretend to.

Random conversation from work the other night, I was chatting with Patty, this really conservative woman, and I told her that for me, kid(s) were the essential part of my future, that a husband was really the optional part. She was flabbergasted, and told me that I should find a good man to be my partner, and then see if I want kids after that. She went on and on about just how impossible it is for single mothers, and how all their kids are screwed up.... hee hee, I guess she didn't realize she was talking to the almost-successful (not outwardly screwed up) me, child of a single mother who did just fine, thank-you-very-much. Seriously, it made me almost mad.

Happy 1st Birthday, my sweet Violet!

No comments: